The 6th Comprehensive Plan of Policies for Persons with Disabilities
- Date : 2023-03-17
- Hit : 360
A Society that Realizes a Free and Equal Life for Persons with Disabilities, as a Firm Commitment of the Yoon Suk Yeol Administration
The Policy of Coordination Committee for Persons with Disabilities finalizes
the 6th Comprehensive Plan of Policies for Persons with Disabilities (’23~’27)
□ The 6th Comprehensive Plan will be carried out, from 2023 to 2027, according to the three policy directions: ①welfare for the weak, ②innovation of social services, and ③global standards, reflecting the new government‘s administration philosophy.
ㅇ (Welfare for the weak) Greater support will be provided for those who find it difficult to voice their concerns actively, such as the most severe developmental disabilities and children with disabilities
- Integrated care service for people with the most severe developmental disabilities will be launched in June 2024 after preparing guideline for the most severe disabilities, developing services, and expanding Gwangju-type pilot projects (2022~).
- From April 2023, urgent care services that provide round-the-clock care for up to one week, when the guardian of a person with developmental disability is absent due to family events, hospitalization, burnout, etc., will be implemented in 17 Si and Do nationwide.
- The target of developmental rehabilitation services will be expanded from 79,000 in 2023 to 100,000 in 2027, and the age criteria for unregistered children with disabilities will also be reviewed for change from the under 6 to under 9.
- The number of jobs for persons with disabilities will be expanded from 30,000 in 2023 to 40,000 in 2027, and public institutions’ preferential purchase ratio for products produced by the severely disabled will be raised from 1% to 2%.
ㅇ (Innovation of social services) Persons with disabilities will be guaranteed with the freedom to make their own choices, and the quality of service will be improved by removing barriers between services, and through customized integrated services.
- The target of support for activities of persons with disabilities will be expanded from 140,000 in 2023 to 170,000 in 2027, and the quality of service will be improved by diversifying services and improving treatment of workers.
- To strengthen the right to self-determination and self-reliance of people with disabilities residing in facilities, the main project will be promoted in 2025 after supplementing the road-map by careful analysis and collecting opinions on the existing pilot project.
ㅇ (Global standards) Aligned with global standards such as the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities(UN CRPD), guarantees of the rights of persons with disabilities will be expanded in all areas of life.
- Participation targets of system for a physician in charge of health of persons with disabilities will be expanded from severely disabled to all disabled, and 86 public health and medical institutions will be designated as disability-friendly examination institutions.
- The preferential purchase system of public institutions for the created works of artists with disabilities will be introduced in the first half of 2023, with the living sports and tourism infrastructure for persons with disabilities to expand continually.
- From 2023, the government shall subsidize the operation costs of the mobility support center for special means of transportation, and strengthen the guarantee of the right to mobility by mandating to roll out low-ground buses when replacing or scrapping route buses.
- We will actively cooperate with the National Assembly for the model of disability to be expanded from the current medical model of disability to the social model of disability.
□ The Personal Budgets for persons with disabilities will be operated on a pilot basis from 2024 after a simulation study in 2023 for recipients of Activity Assistant Service for people with disabilities
ㅇ Participants can purchase and use necessary public or private services* within a certain amount (10%) of their activity support benefit according to their individual support plan.
* (Public) Developmental rehabilitation for children with disabilities, urgent care for persons with developmental disabilities, medical expenses, purchase of assistive devices, etc.
(Private) Remodeling of vehicles for persons with disabilities, housing remodeling, improvement of living conditions, etc.
(Future review) Personal vehicle movement support, transportation expenses, education expenses, cultural leisure expenses, etc.
** Can be used within 10% of the average amount of activity support benefit (KRW 2.02 mil per month) (maximum of KRW 202,000 per month)
ㅇ Alternatively, by adjusting the unit price of service within 20% of the benefit and selecting activity supporters with special qualifications such as nurses and tactile sign language interpreters, participants can use high-quality activity support services.
ㅇ The government plans to finalize the business model for the personal budgets through simulation study this year, and gradually expand it through pilot projects from 2024.